It seems like the days are just zipping by this summer. Last week was particularly busy and there was barely enough time to even read my Bloglines feeds. I’m still catching up – but some of the things that were waiting:
- Cool new socks update on the Sensational Knitted Socks KAL blog.
- And speaking of socks: Jae of the beautiful Pretty as a Peacock shawl design, also has an interesting looking sock pattern up on her blog.
- As does my friend from back home, Alana, of Never Not Knitting – and her debut podcast is also up on her blog.
- And Wendy announces her new book(!!!) Socks from the Toe Up
- Alicia Paulson has Corgie Eye Candy up…although I think it’s supposed to be more about her window decor, but I was too distracted by Clover’s adorableness to really notice much else.
- A whole bunch more crockpot recipes to leaf thru.
- Pioneer Woman’s sweet Nell is still missing – that one required Kleenex to read…and apparently think about; and also this fun-to-make breakfast.
- Contests and chuckles were missed at Mason-Dixon Knitting and Crazy Aunt Purl’s blogs. I actually did participate in the Yarn Harlot’s baby guessing one. How beautiful are those sweaters and that baby?!
- There is an adorable February Sweater modeled on Fig & Plum – that is simply not to be missed.
- Which reminds me that Zimmermaniacs blog has also had updates – there are two Maltese Fisherman’s Hats from Elizabeth Zimmermann’s Knitter’s Almanac posted that are REALLY nice, as well as a beautiful Fair Isle type Children’s Yoke Sweater.
…to name just a handful of the blog updates that were waiting patiently for me to get back in there and read them.
Marialis has a few more rows on her, but so far, looks pretty much the same as the last update. Apparently my knitting doesn’t move nearly as swiftly as my time…at least in the summer.